A vote for Joy, is a vote for the revitalized update to the Downtown area in Antioch. Vote Joy Motts for Antioch City Council 2020, District 1
You need a representative that will support your ideas, fight for the needs of your community and earn your respect. For someone who truly cares for our community, look no further.
As your councilwoman, I am committed to helping you and your community in this unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic.
Joy Motts Candidate for Antioch City Council 2020, District 1
I am a lifelong Antioch resident who never stops advocating for the people in our community. I am an active leader who can always be counted on to show up and work hard and get results in providing for better Antioch and a better quality of life.
• Former Trustee and 2-year President of the Board, Antioch Unified School District.
• Founding member, current President and fundraising chair for Celebrate Antioch Foundation – a citizens created Nonprofit that has organized and raised private donations for an Antioch 4th of July celebration, Holiday Celebration and now 8 other community events since 2012.
• Former Community and Parent Liaison, Antioch High School
• Chairperson, Measure C Campaign (successful 2008 campaign to upgrade 14 of Antioch's oldest schools)
• Measure C committee member 2012- successful campaign to provide additional funds to the City of Antioch for the hiring of police officers and code enforcement.
• Spearheaded and successfully worked with the community on a $55 million bond measure for the school renovation of Antioch’s 60-year-old high school, Antioch High.
• Passed first ever Project Labor agreement in the city of Antioch to ensure construction at Antioch High was completed safely, with local hire and living wages and benefits.
• Worked with Antioch citizens in forming a Suburban Poverty Task Force that is addressing the needs of our most at risk citizens and fighting for equity in services for East Contra Costa.
• Spearheaded the creation of a City Council Homeless Task Force that is taking action to provide bridge housing with critical services to help our unhoused off the streets and into permanent housing.
• Successfully worked with the community in stopping Antioch ‘s Dozier Libbey Medical High School, a California Distinguished School, from becoming a Charter School.
• Supported the hiring of a City Youth Services Coordinator and allocating funds to support social and recreational services for Antioch’s youth.
• In 2019 doubled our code enforcement department and abatement team to address blight, and illegal dumping and allocated monies to support beatification efforts on arterial street medians to promote community pride.
• Director and Treasurer, East County Women’s Leadership Initiative • Member, Antioch Women's Club
• Member, Antioch Historical Society
• Director, Antioch Schools Education Foundation
• President and Treasurer, Celebrate Antioch Foundation
As your councilwoman, I will continue to fight for compassionate solutions to reduce homelessness in Antioch
As your councilwoman, I recognize that after the murder of George Floyd, our country entered a moral awakening that requires systemic changes in our public institutions including policing
During these difficult times, we need bold leaders! I have a proven record of commitment to this community for over 20 years. I have and will continue to fight for you! .
I LOVE ANTIOCH – our residents and its opportunities! As your Councilwoman, I am fighting to move Antioch beyond the BASICS. I am a former US Steelworker, School Board President, single mother, and current President of the Celebrate Antioch Foundation, sponsoring 9 annual city celebrations, including the 4th of July. I am no stranger to hard work and I’m proud of the progress we’ve made together:
DURING DIFFICULT TIMES, PROVEN LEADERSHIP IS ESSENTIAL! You can count on me to keep fighting for you.
Make Your Vote Count!
Contact me – 925-813-0036
I can't win this race without your support and help. Lawn signs, word-of-mouth, walking precincts and donating are all ways of helping us to move Antioch beyond the basics and achieve our common goals together.
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission.