• Antioch City Council Vice Mayor – 2018-2020
• Antioch School Board Trustee and 2-year President of the Board, Antioch Unified School District 2010-2014
• President and founding member of the Celebrate Antioch Foundation (CAF) since 2011. CAF is a citizen-created Nonprofit 501c3 that has organized and raised private donations for an Antioch 4th of July celebration, Holiday Celebration, and 8 other annual community events since 2011.
• Community and Parent Liaison, Antioch High School 2008 -2010
• Measure C Campaign Chair (successful campaign to upgrade 14 of Antioch's oldest schools)
• President of the Rivertown Preservation Group driving revitalization efforts of our historic downtown.
• Spearheaded a $55 million bond measure to renovate Antioch’s 60-year-old high school, Antioch High.
• Passed first-ever Project Labor agreement in the city to ensure that construction at Antioch High was completed safely, with local hire and living wages and benefits.
• Led the development of a City Council Homeless Task Force that is taking action to provide bridge housing with critical services to help our unhoused off the streets and into permanent housing, and approved the hiring of a Unhoused resident coordinator.
• Approved the first-ever, $110 million Delta Desalination plant in Antioch to protect the drinking water of Antioch residents now and into the future.
• Approved the hiring of a City Youth Services Coordinator and allocated funds to support social and recreational services for Antioch’s youth.
• In 2019 and 2020 authorized the hiring of up to 121 police officers.
• In 2020 doubled the city’s code enforcement department and abatement team to address blight and illegal dumping and allocated monies to support beatification efforts on arterial street medians to promote community pride.
• Successfully drove efforts to continue downtown revitalization and improve its image by adding the Rivertown marquee, speed bumps, market lights, and the Rivertown Dining District. Planned and held yearlong events to promote enjoyment of the downtown and create a destination place for residents to enjoy.
• Antioch Women’s Club
• Director and Treasurer, East County Women’s Leadership Initiative
• Antioch Chamber of Commerce
• Antioch Historical Society
• Antioch Schools Education Foundation
• President, Celebrate Antioch Foundation
Help JOY win on Nov. 8. Pitch in to help the campaign NOW! We need help with fundraising, neighborhood canvassing, photography and videography, and more.
Go to our Contact page and sign up today!